Monday, July 21, 2008

Consider the Donut


What is it that makes the donut so compelling? Is it the soft texture, the sweetness, the fresh baked goodness? In a word... yes. Nothing... but, nothing beats the the moment you spend with a freshly made donut. It's warm icing still dripping, its poetry in baked goods. It's amazing what a donut can do, not only to your figure, but to your disposition as well. Sure they may not be the healthiest way to go. But hey, what's more important your pants size or your happiness?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All hail the donut! Brilliant!

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

mmmmmmm

dooooooh nut

I think I gained ten pounds just considering.

Why is it that a 4 ounce doughnut adds 4 pounds on the scale. I don't get it

mama said...

But not too fresh. . . my brother in law liked to tell of the morning he was at work early (Carr's) and snagged a fresh-from-the-vat apple fritter and had a big mouthful of oil. Yeuch. He said you got to let them cool off so the oil coagulates in the fritter.

Having said that, I think I'll head over to the Moose for one. I'll think of you while I'm eating it. :)

Unknown said...

Tim - you are an AMAZING writer - who knew! So talented are you! I can't believe you're still single. What's wrong with those available women out in the world? I am a new fan to your ramblings. Keep on keepin on!