Wednesday, July 2, 2008

U-Brew Buzz


This last weekend Yours Truly was honored to "father" a lovely batch of pear, yes, pear cider at Gallagher's U-Brew in downtown Edmonds, WA. This lovely concoction of fruit and yeast is both smooth, and dry with lots of pear flavor and yet it's not overly sweet. I couldn't be happier.
T
his being my very first time brewing I have to admit that I am still a little oblivious as to how the process works, all I know is I have a shit load of cider and it tastes GOOD!!! Not to worry though, I was under the close supervision of an experienced brew mister, who was more than happy to guide me through the brewing process. This experience, as a whole, was both fun and very, VERY rewarding. I have plans to spend many a weekend brewing at Gallagher's in the future.

2 comments:

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

that cider was mighty yummy. we'll be over friday to assist with consuming the beverages.

here's a couple sites you might be interested in, both the one I'm providing the link for, and the site that's being profiled in the link.

http://www.seriouseats.com/required_eating/2008/07/introducing-photograzing.html

Anonymous said...

So you know pear is my fav...and you're sending some up to me...right?