Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hail to Ceasar

True Rome wasn't built in a day; but, Ceasar salad was. That being said I thought I would share my favorite Ceasar salad dressing recipe with you. It's really good and really easy, and what the hell I'm bored, so you get to reap the bennies.

Here's the list of hardware you're going to need:

A medium size mixing bowl, because you're going to be doing some whisking.
And a whisk.
You will also need a glass jar for storage, sure you can use plastic containers but the dressing will probably flavor the container for life.

Can you do this in a food processor? Sure you can, if you're a rich white collar pansy that has do every thing the easy way.

Ingredients:

1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest ( you could also use orange or lime, if you don't know what zest is stop what you are doing, and go read a book)

3 tsp lemon juice (again you could also use orange or lime)

1tsp Dijon mustard

1 tsp anchovy paste (please, PLEASE, for the love of God, be careful with this stuff)

2 tsp Marsala wine (or vinegar, I'd use red wine)

2 tsp minced garlic

1 tsp horseradish (that's right I said horseradish, if you don't like it make your own damn recipe)

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/2 cup good olive oil

1 Tbsp dairy sour cream


In your mixing bowl combine everything BUT the olive oil and sour cream. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until smooth, and then aid sour cream and again, whisk until smooth.

Pour over some crisp romaine, add some Parmesan, maybe a few dried cherries and some marcona almonds and enjoy.

3 comments:

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

I have had this salad, prepared by the Outlaw Baker himself. Let me tell you, it's seriously yummy!

mama said...

I can't tell you how many times i decided not to make a recipe because I didn't have a food processor. Now I don't make the recipes cuz I'm too lazy to clean the sorry thing.

Anonymous said...

Two of my favorite kitchen utensils are my whisk and my rubber spatula; good for getting every last drop off the bowl! I love ceasar salad, this sounds great!