Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Top Ten Things to do when Your Oven Doesn't Work

I suppose you have already guessed that the oven is temporally out of order. So needless to say, I have not been doing any baking. I have however being doing a few other things to keep me entertained while I wait for The Outlaw Repairman to fix said oven, and I have compiled a top ten list of my favorites.

10. Read the oven manufactures owners manual (I wouldn't really call this entertainment, and I wouldn't say that I actually "read" the owners manual)

9. Try to fix the darn thing myself

8. Visit the emergency room (maybe I should have "read" the owners manual)

7. Oven? Who needs an oven? I'll just try cooking in the fireplace

6. Testing the fire extinguisher

5. Chatting with the local fire rescue team

4. Redecorating the living room

3. Try making brownies in a dutch oven on the counter top range

2. Chiseling burnt brownie out of the bottom of my dutch oven

1. Finally giving up and going to Krispy Kreme

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...........Krispy Kreme.......... maybe a broken oven isn't the worst thing in the world, after all.

mama said...

Here's #11:

Forget your !@#$%^&*() oven is broken and invite friends over for dinner. For baked salmon.